Fast, highly reproducible results with a greater signal-to-noise ratio and fewer unwanted PCR products.
Monitor amplification of 32 PCR products simultaneously with the LightCycler® 2.0 System. Real-time and online, with six different detection channels in multiplex experiments
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument allows you to monitor amplification of 32 PCR products simultaneously, in real-time and online, with six different detection channels in multiplex experiments.
The LightCycler® Software 4.1 collects fluorescence data from all six channels at each cycle and displays it immediately, enabling you to terminate PCR runs early if signal levels are adequate, or prolong them when signals are too low.
Amplification occurs in specially designed reaction capillaries, whose superb surface-to-volume ratio provides extremely rapid thermal transfer, facilitating high-speed thermal cycling.
The combination of LightCycler® Capillaries and air-driven temperature control allows an entire 35-cycle run to be performed in as little as 30 minutes (with 20 µl capillaries) to 60 minutes (with 100 µl capillaries).
Features and Benefits
- Obtain fast, highly reproducible results using real-time, online PCR. Assay and analysis are complete in less than 45 minutes.
- Expect a greater signal-to-noise ratio and fewer unwanted PCR products, due to the rapid cycling of the LightCycler® Instruments.
- Choose from a wide variety of fluorescence formats for flexible experimental design and analysis.
- Efficiently manage and protect your data with LightCycler® Software 4.05/4.1 analysis modules.
- Employ sensitive and specific real-time PCR quantification in countless research applications.
The LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument is designed for in vitro diagnostic applications in combination with the LightCycler® reagent kits manufactured by Roche and labeled for diagnostic purposes (according to the workflow described in the package insert of the respective LightCycler® reagent kit).
For general laboratory use.
For more detailed information about the LightCycler® 2.0 System, visit Roche Life Science.