First multi-dye, nucleic acid amplification technology (NAT) screening system for blood and plasma
The cobas s 201 system is a complete NAT solution able to meet both current and future needs of blood screening labs.
This system provides the efficiency and reliability of real-time PCR technology, modular automation, convenient ready-to-use reagents and a robust menu selection. New assays utilize multi-channel capabilities to provide real-time discrimination of major viruses.
The system is backed by world-class service and strong local support in over 140 countries.
Features and Benefits
Scalable, Modular System:
- Flexible, mix-and-match scalability helps NAT labs work more efficiently
- Streamlines lab workflow
- Supports simultaneous multiple assay processing
- Accommodates integrated backup to maximize lab productivity
Powerful Pooling and Data Management (PDM) Software:
- Provides built-in redundancy, full system audit and data security
- Supports various pool sizes or individual donation testing
- Supports simultaneous pool creation to handle multiple assays
- Provides multiple search and reporting options
Easy Sample Preparation, Large Load Capacity:
- Automates every step of the RT-PCR-based blood screening process
- Includes automated pooling using the Hamilton MICROLAB® STAR IVD Pipettor
- Closed-tube format requires no user interaction after sample loading is completed
- Reduces the risk of sample contamination
- Software-guided workflow
- Sample and reagent ID tracked throughout process
Fast Procedure, Fast Results, Higher Throughput
- Real-time PCR allows amplification and detection of RNA and DNA within hours