Detection of vancomycin resistance genes (vanA/vanB) in Enterococcus spp. in research samples only.
This kit provides the necessary amplification and detection reagents required for the detection and differentiation of vancomycin resistance genes in Enterococcus spp. (vanA, vanB, vanB2/3) on the LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument.
Features and Benefits
- Internal Control (IC) identifies specimens with inhibitors of the amplification process to maximize kit reliability
- IC is amplified with the same primers as the target DNA but detected in a separate fluorescence channel
- Allows detection and differentiation of vancomycin resistance genes with minimal handling
- Enzyme components and buffers are supplied as ready-to-use mixes, standards are predispensed
- Analyzes 48 samples/56 reactions
- Can be used with the High Pure PCR Template Preparation Kit or MagNA Pure LC Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit for sample preparation
- Automated extraction and amplification on the MagNA Pure LC System and LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument deliver results within 3 hours
- All kit components are provided in ready-to-use solutions
- Detection and differentiation by melting curve within one run
- IC identifies specimens containing factors causing inhibition of the amplification process
- Can be combined with the LightCycler® MRSA Research Use Only Detection Kit in one run due to a common thermal profile
The LightCycler® VRE Detection Kit provides primers and HybProbe® Probes for amplification and sequence-specific detection of vanA/vanB genes, as well as a kit specific Internal Control (IC) for the reliable interpretation of results. The components of the kit are designed for detection and differentiation of Vancomycin resistance genotypes vanA, vanB and vanB2/3. The premixed reagents contain the enzyme components for amplification as well as the control template. The kit minimizes contamination risk and contains all reagents needed for detection, only template DNA must be added.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not available in the United States.