Detection of Methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus spp. in research samples on the LightCycler® 2.0 instrument
Research Use Only Detection Kit that provides all necessary amplification and detection reagents required for the detection of methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus spp.
The test is performed on the LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument with research samples, and can be combined with the LightCycler® Staphylococcus Research Use Only Kit MGRADE, allowing distinguishing DNA of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase negative Staphylococcus spp. (CoNS) prior to detecting the mecA gene.
Features and Benefits
- Internal Control (IC) identifies specimens with inhibitors of the amplification process to maximize kit reliability
- IC is amplified with the same primers as the target DNA but detected in a separate fluorescence channel
- Enzyme components and buffers are supplied as ready-to-use mixes, standards are predispensed
- Analyzes 48 samples/56 reactions
- Can be used with the High Pure PCR Template Preparation Kit or MagNA Pure LC Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit for sample preparation
- Automated extraction and amplification on MagNA Pure LC Instrument and LightCycler® 2.0 Instrument deliver results within 3 hours
- All kit components are provided in ready-to-use solutions
- Detection and differentiation by melting curve within one run
- IC identifies specimens containing factors causing inhibition of the amplification process
- Runs under the thermal profile of the LightCycler® Staphylococcus Research Use Only Kit MGRADE
- Can be combined with the LightCycler® VRE Research Use Only Detection Kit in one run due to a common thermal profile
The LightCycler® MRSA Detection Kit provides primers and HybProbe® Probes for amplification and sequence-specific detection of the mecA gene. A Positive Control template for reliable interpretation of the results is also provided. The convenient premixed reagents contain the enzyme components for amplification as well as the Internal Control (IC). The kit minimizes contamination risk and contains all reagents needed for detection; only template DNA has to be added.
For research use only.
Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Not available in the United States.