Highly sensitive test with broad flavivirus coverage
Detects mosquito borne transfusion-transmitted infectious diseases (TTID) to provide extra level of safety
The cobas® WNV test, for use on the cobas® 6800/8800 Systems, is a real-time PCR test for West Nile virus (WNV).
Features and Benefits
- Highly sensitive for both WNV lineages 1 and 2
- Provides broad coverage of other flaviviruses that cause transfusion-transmitted infectious diseases such as:
- Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV)
- St. Louis encephalitis virus (SLEV)
- Murray Valley encephalitis virus (MVEV)
- Kunjin virus (KUNV)
- Broad screening utility, including donations of whole blood, blood components, and cadaveric (non-heart beating) organs and tissues
- Ready-to-use reagents—no thawing, pouring or mixing required
- Stabilized real-time PCR reagents do not require calibration
- Full-process internal control helps ensure result integrity
- cobas® WNV Control Kit provides true external positive controls that have no effect on result calculation
- Can be run simultaneously with other assays on the cobas® 6800/8800 Systems
The cobas® WNV test is a qualitative in vitro test for the direct detection of West Nile Virus (WNV) RNA in human plasma.
Learn more at www.cobas68008800.com/assay_menu
cobas® 6800/8800 Systems are not available in all markets, including the U.S.