Enhanced workflow. Easy upgrade. Reliable Results.
Real-time PCR test for qualitative detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) complex DNA
This test uses real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) nucleic acid amplification and hydrolysis probes for the detection of MTB in liquefied, decontaminated and concentrated human respiratory specimens, including expectorated and induced sputum and bronchial alveolar lavages (BAL).
Features and Benefits
- Ease of use with high throughput
- Up to 48 tests per run
- Results in only 2.5 hours after sample preparation
- Overall inclusivity of 99% when evaluated with all species of Mycobacteria found in the MTB complex
- Reduced contamination with Roche’s AmpErase Enzyme
- Runs on the COBAS® TaqMan® 48 Analyzer
- Automated amplification and detection in a closed system
- Systematic internal control for each test
- Enhanced quality control in the lab
This test is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the qualitative detection of Mycobacteria tuberculosis (MTB) complex DNA in liquefied, decontaminated and concentrated human respiratory specimens, including sputum and bronchial alveolar lavages (BAL). The test utilizes the AMPLICOR® Respiratory Specimen Preparation Kit for manual specimen preparation and the COBAS® TaqMan® 48 Analyzer for automated amplification and detection.
Not available in the United States.