Dual targeting – To Keep Up with the Unexpected
CT assay simultaneously detects two Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) independent DNA targets.
This test incorporates a dual-target strategy – cryptic plasmid DNA and MOMP gene genomic DNA – to ensure accurate and reliable detection of Chlamydia, including the variant strain found in Sweden.
Features and Benefits
- Additional target on genome with MOMP and additional probe and primers
- Stronger signal and superior sensitivity
- Optimized thermal cycle parameters permit simultaneous detection of cryptic plasmid and genome targets
- Reformulated control buffer
- Detects the Swedish variant
- Identifies the recent mutation seen in Sweden – nvCT – and ensures that any future mutations will also be detected
- Enables robust, reliable, and sensitive CT detection
- Provides greater sensitivity for detection of wild-type Chlamydia by targeting the cryptic plasmid being present at 4-10 copies in each elementary body
- Fully compatible with the COBAS® TaqMan® CT Test – Requires same collection media and same quantities of reagent and samples
This test is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the qualitative detection of Chlamydia trachomatis DNA in female endocervical swab specimens or male and female urine. Specimens are processed using the AMPLICOR® CT/NG Specimen Preparation Kit for manual specimen preparation and the COBAS® TaqMan® 48 Analyzer for automated amplification and detection.
Not available in the United States.