Faster than a spreading infection
The cobas® MRSA/SA Test detects both targets in a single sample run to deliver high quality results in a matter of hours.
Staphylococcus aureus (SA) and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections represent a critical threat to public health. The cobas® MRSA/SA Test provides innovative solutions for detecting both organism variances from a single nasal swab specimen, providing time-saving efficiencies and lifesaving answers.
Features and Benefits
- Quickly identify colonized patients and take decisive action
- Get the sensitivity and specificity that only PCR technology can deliver
- Save time with first-of-its-kind primary sample vial loading
- Run MRSA/SA and HSV 1 and 2 samples at the same time, on the same system
- Simplify data interpretation with patented, state-of-the-art software algorithms
- Run 6 to 94 specimens using the fastest, most advanced real-time PCR amplification and detection available today
The cobas® MRSA/SA Test on the cobas® 4800 system is an automated, qualitative, in vitro diagnostic test, that utilizes real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR), for the direct detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Staphylococcus aureus (SA) DNA from nasal swabs to aid in the prevention and control of MRSA and SA infections in healthcare settings. The cobas® MRSA/SA Test is not intended to diagnose, guide or monitor treatment for MRSA or SA infections, or provide results of susceptibility to methicillin. Concomitant cultures are necessary only to recover organisms for epidemiology typing or for further susceptibility testing.