One test, three results
Detects and discriminates the most critical viral targets in one easy-to-use assay
The cobas® MPX Test is a multi-dye, real-time PCR multiplex test for HIV, HCV and HBV for use on the cobas® 6800/8800 Systems.
Features of the cobas® MPX Test
- Real-time detection and identification of HIV, HCV and HBV
- Covers 5 critical viral targets in a single test (HIV-1 Group M, HIV-1 Group O, HIV-2, HCV and HBV)
- Dual-target approach with amplification of separate regions of HIV-1
- Dual probes for HCV to improve coverage of new virus variants
- Highly sensitive HBV detection of occult and low titer HBV infection
Streamline your workflow and ensure reliable results, with automated multiplex testing
- Eliminates the need for discriminatory testing and potential for discrepant results
- Ready-to-use reagents—no thawing, pouring or mixing required
- Stabilized real-time PCR reagents do not require calibration
- Full-process internal control helps ensure result integrity
- True external positive controls that have no effect on result calculation, with cobas® MPX Control Kit
- Can be run simultaneously with other assays on the cobas® 6800/8800 Systems
Advanced diagnostic technology for donor screening
The cobas® MPX test enables donor screening laboratories to reliably test for 3 viruses and 5 critical viral targets with a single assay, boosting operational efficiency by eliminating the need for additional discriminatory testing.
The cobas® MPX test, for use on cobas® 6800 and cobas® 8800 Systems, is a qualitative in vitro nucleic acid test for the direct detection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Group M RNA, HIV-1 Group O RNA, Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) RNA, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) RNA, and Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) DNA in human plasma and serum. The cobas® MPX test simultaneously detects and discriminates for HIV, HCV, and HBV. The assay does not discriminate between HIV-1 Group M, HIV-1 Group O, and HIV-2.
This test is intended for use to screen donor samples for HIV-1 Group M RNA, HCV RNA, and HBV DNA in plasma and serum samples from individual human donors, including donors of Whole Blood, blood components, Source Plasma and other living donors. This test is also intended for use to screen organ and tissue donors when donor samples are obtained while the donor’s heart is still beating. Plasma and serum from all donors may be screened as individual samples. For donations of whole blood and blood components, plasma and serum samples may be tested individually or plasma may be tested in pools comprised of not more than six individual samples. For donors of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HPCs) sourced from bone marrow, peripheral blood or cord blood, and for donors of donor lymphocytes for infusion (DLI), plasma may be tested in pools comprised of not more than six individual samples. For donations of source plasma, samples may be tested in pools comprised of not more than 96 individual samples.
This test is intended to be used in conjunction with licensed serology tests for HIV-1, HCV, and HBV.
This test is not intended for use as an aid in diagnosis of HIV, HCV, or HBV.
This test is not intended for use on samples of cord blood.
This test is not intended for testing cadaveric blood specimens.
The cobas® MPX test can be considered a supplemental test that confirms HIV infection for specimens that are repeatedly reactive on a licensed donor screening test for antibodies to HIV and reactive for HIV on the cobas® MPX test.
The cobas® MPX test can be considered a supplemental test that confirms HCV infection for specimens that are repeatedly reactive on a licensed donor screening test for antibodies to HCV and reactive for HCV on the cobas® MPX test.
The cobas® MPX test can be considered a supplemental test that confirms HBV infection for specimens that are repeatedly reactive on a licensed donor screening test for Hepatitis B surface antigen, and reactive for HBV on the cobas® MPX test.
cobas® 6800/8800 Systems are not available in all markets.