One test, three results
Detects and discriminates the most critical viral targets in one easy-to-use assay
The cobas® MPX test, for use on the cobas® 6800/8800 Systems, is a multi-dye, real-time PCR multiplex test for HIV, HCV and HBV.
Features and Benefits
- Real-time detection and identification of HIV, HCV and HBV eliminates both the need for discriminatory testing and the potential for discrepant results
- Covers five critical viral targets: HIV-1 Group M, HIV-1 Group O, HIV-2, HCV and HBV in a single test
- Dual-target approach, with amplification of separate regions of HIV-1, and dual probes for HCV, improves coverage of new virus variants
- Broad screening utility, including donations of whole blood, blood components, and cadaveric (non-heart beating) organs and tissues
- Highly sensitive HBV detection of occult and low titer HBV infection
- Ready-to-use reagents—no thawing, pouring or mixing required
- Stabilized real-time PCR reagents do not require calibration
- Full-process internal control helps ensure result integrity
cobas® MPX Control Kit provides true external positive controls that have no effect on result calculation
- Can be run simultaneously with other assays on the cobas® 6800/8800 Systems
The cobas® MPX test is a qualitative in vitro test for the direct detection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV1) Group M RNA, HIV-1 Group O RNA, Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) RNA, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) RNA, and Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) DNA in human plasma and serum.
Learn more at www.cobas68008800.com/assay_menu
cobas® 6800/8800 Systems are not available in all markets, including the U.S.