Identifies mutations in codons 12, 13 and 61 of the KRAS gene
The cobas® KRAS Mutation Test* offers broad mutation coverage of KRAS codons 12, 13 and 61 to identify colorectal cancer patients who are not likely to respond to anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody therapies.
Features and Benefits
- The cobas® KRAS Mutation Test detects all of the reported mutations in codons 12, 13 and 611
- In formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue (FFPET), the cobas® KRAS Mutation Test can detect <5% mutant sequence copies in a background of wild-type DNA1
- Robust, reliable KRAS test results can be obtained from a single, 5µm FFPET section with >10% tumor using the cobas® KRAS Mutation Test
- The test can be performed in <8 hours so results can be reported to the treating physician within a few days from laboratory receipt of specimen
- Liquid, ready-to-use reagents increase laboratory efficiency
- Automated result interpretation and test reporting provides consistent, objective and reproducible results from laboratory to laboratory
(CE-IVD, 05/2011, Rev. 1.0)
The cobas® KRAS Mutation Test, for use with the cobas® 4800 System, is a real-time PCR test intended for the identification of mutations in codons 12, 13 and 61 of the KRAS gene in DNA derived from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human colorectal cancer (CRC) tissue.
*Not available in the United States.
- cobas® KRAS Mutation Test CE-IVD package insert.