Bring more to your STI menu
Highly sensitive and specific test designed to reliably detect the presence of HSV-1 and HSV-2 DNA in clinical specimens.
The cobas® HSV 1 and 2 Test provides the confidence of dual-target detection and Roche-quality results.
Due to differing outcomes regarding disease severity, sequelae and recurrence rates, it is essential to differentiate whether a patient has HSV-1 or HSV-2. The cobas® HSV 1 and 2 Test offers a highly sensitive and specific test for the direct detection of HSV-1 and HSV-2 DNA in clinical specimens, delivering reliable results The cobas® HSV 1 and 2 Test has been designed to reliably identify the presence of HSV 1 and 2 from genital lesions.
Features and Benefits
- Robust, dual-target detection amplifies two separate regions on each of the HSV-1 and HSV-2 genomes
- Optimizes sensitivity and specificity
- Save time with first-of-its-kind primary sample vial loading
- Run MRSA/SA and HSV 1 and 2 samples at the same time, on the same system
- One instrument for CT/NG, HSV, HPV, MRSA/SA, and Oncology testing
Confident patient tracking—from primary vial to final result.
The cobas® HSV 1 and 2 Test on the cobas® 4800 system is an automated, qualitative in vitro diagnostic test, that utilizes real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR), for the direct detection and typing of Herpes simplex virus 1 and 2 (HSV-1 and HSV-2) DNA in clinician-collected anogenital lesion specimens from symptomatic male and female patients. The cobas® HSV 1 and 2 Test is intended for use as an aid in diagnosis of anogenital HSV-1 and HSV-2 infections in symptomatic patients.