Better information for patient management
cobas® HBV, test for use on the cobas® 4800 System provides robust, clinically relevant assay performance with a broad linear range and high sensitivity. cobas® HBV delivers optimal results throughout critical medical decision points and across all genotypes combined with a highly efficient laboratory workflow.
cobas® HBV offers:
- Broad coverage of all known HBV genotypes (A-H) including pre-core mutations
- Tight precision at medically relevant decision points
- Excellent performance with serum and plasma specimens
- Built-in contamination control with AmpErase enzyme to prevent carryover contamination
- Excellent correlation to Roche cobas® AmpliPrep/ cobas® TaqMan® HBV Test, v2.0
Roche primers and probes target the highly conserved pre-core and core regions of the HBV genome. The amplified region of the genome will not be affected by mutations that arise due to drug resistance.1
cobas® HBV is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the quantitation of hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA in human EDTA plasma or serum of HBV-infected individuals.
This test is intended for use as an aid in the management of patients with chronic HBV infection undergoing anti-viral therapy. The test can be used to measure HBV DNA levels at baseline and during treatment to aid in assessing response to treatment. The results from cobas® HBV must be interpreted within the context of all relevant clinical and laboratory findings.
- Hunt CM, McGill JM, Allen MI, Condreay LD. Clinical relevance of hepatitis B viral mutations. Hepatology. 2000;31(5):1037-1044.