Fully automated qualitative decision for Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Test
A qualitative nucleic acid amplification test* for the detection of HIV-1 RNA and proviral DNA in plasma, anticoagulated fresh whole blood and dried blood spots.
This test uses the COBAS® AmpliPrep Instrument to automate sample processing and the COBAS® TaqMan® Analyzer or COBAS® TaqMan® 48 Analyzer to automate amplification and detection.
Features and Benefits
- Fully automated, docked platform that combines the COBAS® AmpliPrep Instrument to automate sample preparation and the COBAS® TaqMan® Analyzer to automate real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification and detection
- Highly sensitive – amplifies viral DNA directly and detects the HIV provirus independent of the host response
- “Sample in/results out” testing eliminates manual intervention between steps as it improves workflow efficiency, hands-off processing and test result integrity
- Configuration options include an undocked station and a smaller COBAS® TaqMan® 48 Analyzer for customizable workflow throughput
- Bar coded reagents packaged in ready-to-use, spill-proof cassettes with self-sealing caps increase stability
- Bar coded samples for improved tracking and result integrity
- AmpErase enzyme – reduces the risk of cross-contamination of samples or labs
*Available for research use only. Not available in all markets.